Writer's & reader's civilised & serious conversation conference

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Cinema and The Arts' started by EquineAnn, Oct 15, 2017.

1. EquineAnn

EquineAnn Major Winner

This is my favourite version of the song.

2. EquineAnn

EquineAnn Major Winner

I tried an audio book today to give my eyes a break. They're boring. I prefer reading a book if my eyes are feeling up to it or watching the film of the book if they're not.

3. britbox

britbox Multiple Major Winner

Never tried audio books, although kind of thought of getting one or two for long road trips in the car.

4. EquineAnn

EquineAnn Major Winner

They'd be good for that or for if you're doing something else at the same time as a change from music.

5. EquineAnn

EquineAnn Major Winner

I'm reading American notes by Charles Dickens.

6. EquineAnn

EquineAnn Major Winner

I was reading about a girl who was born epileptic & with all senses but had a severe epileptic fit when really young which deprived her of all senses except touch. Despite that she learnt to knit & sew, just by touching someone in the process of knitting & sewing. She then got sent to a special school where they taught her to speak, write & read using just the sense of touch & she was very happy. She must have been an amazing person. It made me think of all the people with all their senses who have a lack of confidence or who keep saying they can't do something & give up trying instead of persevering & then complain. If people with only their sense of touch can do these things what excuse does everyone else have when they have all their senses?