Would you prefer if there was bad blood between Rafa and Roger?

Discussion in 'Pro Tennis (Mens)' started by scoop, Nov 11, 2017.

1. scoop

Staff Member

Scoop Malinowski writes:

EquineAnn; It's about the long term big picture for Rafa. London WTF is a low priority for him. He's got No. 1 wrapped up for 2017. He did tennis a giant favor by even showing up and playing three tough sets when he had nothing to gain. Class act as always. Looking forward to seeing Rafa rip it up in 2018 already.

2. Ricardo

Ricardo Major Winner

I would refute this, as I have never heard Laver say such mean spirited things....unless you can prove it, but you can't. What Sampras said was down right ugly, it was an insult no matter how its spun. It's not about arrogance, you may like it but it's not about that either. He mouthed off with insult unnecessarily, against a classy player. Its not about me being offended by it either, it's not about what i feel if you get it.

3. DarthFed

DarthFed The GOAT

britbox likes this.
  4. EquineAnn

EquineAnn Major Winner

Definitely. It's important for everybody to see the big picture instead of little gains & put everything into perspective & prioritise. I'd love to see more British wins but realistically Rafa or Nadal will win.

5. scoop

Staff Member

Scoop Malinowski writes:

Darth Fed; Good find. Yes it's unfair to put all the blame on Pete for the feud. It was a very good rivalry there for a while. Good to see that they put the feud behind them and became friendly. I have a photo of them chatting together at Madison Square Garden five years ago. Rafter said for Facing Sampras that he felt it was very ugly tennis, himself vs Pete. He thought he had a more interesting rivalry/clash of styles with Agassi.

6. scoop

Staff Member

Scoop Malinowski writes:

This is another excellent come back win by Sock, like the win in Paris from far behind in the third set. Sock was not known for his big comeback wins before the past month, further evidence he is taking his game and his mindset to a new higher level.

7. scoop

Staff Member

Scoop Malinowski writes:

Clearly Rafter and Pete had a good battle going. You have to be sure they had some locker room encounters too. After the heat of battle to be slapped with ridiculous questions only adds fuel to the fire.