The Small Screen: TV

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Cinema and The Arts' started by britbox, Apr 14, 2013.

1. DarthFed

DarthFed The GOAT

Have to agree, by far the worst year for Ray Donovan. Not sure if it will be able to turn around, next year should probably be the last.

I binged the total season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Very good show that I hadn't heard anything about. Only 8 episodes so it went fast.

2. britbox

britbox Multiple Major Winner

I think I read they are just shooting 8 episodes with Robin Wright as the lead, Spacey's done. Agreed that it ha come to the end of it's shelf life - even without the Spacey stuff

3. DarthFed

DarthFed The GOAT

Yeah I meant to say that the show will be terrible without Spacey. They should just can it altogether but they won't.

4. britbox

Any way back for Spacey (in general, not just that show)?

5. brokenshoelace

brokenshoelace Grand Slam Champion

No. Only real presidents get away with sexual assault, not fictional ones.

On a serious note, eventually, I think he'll be back, despite time not being on his side.

6. DarthFed

DarthFed The GOAT

^ Disagree, he's done. Even if he has the desire to keep acting no esteemed director is going to take the chance casting him.

7. Wimbledonerer

Wimbledonerer Junior Member

He's like 60 anyway and has enough cash to keep afloat and hide in some remote place

DarthFed likes this.
  8. britbox

Maybe in 10 years time he might get a sniff. Mel Gibson's slowly pulled himself back into relevancy, albeit he made comments about Jews rather than molesting underage actors.

9. DarthFed

DarthFed The GOAT

I was actually thinking about that (Mel Gibson) in terms of how Spacey and some of these other big names can come back from this. The thing about Gibson is that since his fallout he has mostly been successful as a director. I'm not sure he's been in any movies aside from his own for quite some time and, I may be wrong but I think it is usually a small part. I don't think a movie would do too well if it was heavily promoted with Gibson as the lead actor.

And like you said what he said/did is not as bad as sexually assaulting underaged boys.