Old School Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Odds and Ends' started by Nekro, Mar 3, 2017.

1. betty

betty Pro Tour Player

hi all, busy day at work

Mimi imo i told to use also a lotion jsut for losing hairs and then ofc a natural shampoo to be less agressivy, ofc it needs time :p but hope will improve

2. EquineAnn

EquineAnn Masters Champion

She decided to play for Britain so is classed as British. Scotland is part of the British isles so Andy Murray is British. Scots are the true Brits as when the Romans conquered Britain they kicked the Brits who fought them & wouldn't conform to their way of living in what is now Scotland & built Hadrian's wall. There were a lot of wars since then especially when Edward I was on the throne as he didn't just want to rule England but Scotland & Wales too & would do anything possible to get things his way. There have been many people who came to Britain since so Britain is a diverse nationality made up of all different nationalities. Genealogically I'm mostly Scots/Irish & have traced my ancestry down to Celts & Picts though my great grandparents came to England & I was born & lived in England all my life so I guess you could call me a true Brit although 1 lot of my ancestors were originally of Norman-French descent.

3. EquineAnn

Hi Mimi! Have a good day & weekend!

4. EquineAnn

Hi Betty! Have a nice day!

5. EquineAnn

Hi Nekro! I meant to answer earlier that I didn't know she was originally Hungarian & thank you very much for the information but I ran out of time. Scots/Irish descent/history/music/culture is intertwined & has been for a long time. There are a lot of differences between British counties even especially when it comes to tradition & slang. E.g. Yorkshire people sound & look different to Londoners though in London it's worse. You have Cockneys who speak rhyming slang then people who speak proper English etc. Lancashire people sound different too that's before you consider Geordies & Scots/Irish & Welsh people. They all have different ways too.

Nekro likes this.
  6. Mimi

Mimi Masters Champion

hello friends :dance3:

This Wimbledon results is very disappointing for me. Venus lost her final chacne to win a slam and Roger wins another slam, thus making Rafa impossible to catch his records.............. Was Cilic really injured? He seems to be mentaly very fragile............:rip:

7. Nekro

Nekro Major Winner

I see, haha, i knew about the cockneys, never heard about the geordies i think.... the surprising thing to me is how hostile some people can be to each other there.... i read an article about a case when an english guy got banned from a scottish bar because of some footie match quarrel? :lulz1::laugh::lol3::facepalm:

lol i read an article where they were quarreling about whether Johanna Konta is british or not and i found a cool version of the British anthem, i was laughing so hard :lulz1::laugh:

"Let's hope Queenie survives
    Let's hope she doesn't die
    May she survive

Na na na na

Send her things that are new
    Mostly red white and blue
    She'll tell us what what to do
    Let's hope she lives."

well, what should Fed do when the other guys don't even show up? Donate the slam to Cilic? :p

Interesting, Betty was rooting for Venus too, ofc i was rooting for Mugu :D :p cool new face and she doesn't look like a steroid tranny..... lol i saw a steroid sisters fan was calling some female player "ladyboy", well, i wouldn't even be able to call the 2 uglies "boys" cause they look like men..... 2 ugly men who are up to no good..... they would fit a tarantino movie as some really nasty gangsters...[​IMG]

lol, just in case someone missed the Joe Rogan stuff about Serena's panic room incident here it is :D :p

8. Mimi

Mimi Masters Champion

hello Lord Nek :dance3:

No, Roger should not donate the slam to Cilic but I just think he is a bit lucky. Both Novak and Murray are in bad form and Cilic, if playing great, could challenge him but sadly he seems to be a bit injured/mentally very fragile in the match.......... Mugu's grunts are very loud but she deserved the win as Venus was horrible in the second set.........

9. Nekro

Nekro Major Winner

how is that luck? he's just doing his own thing....

These mugs haven't learnt a thing, nole and murray the same dumb pushers, then they're surprised as they're getting older they're burning out faster, getting injured more often, they're moving slower and things are not as they were before...

Rafa is doing a bit better, ofc he had a powerful FH at least,,, and he's doing better getting more aggressive...... but he missed lots of cool practice time for shotmaking and shortening the points.... all those half years when he was sucking, oh yeah, so i'm not "confident" and i suck so instead of not giving a fuck cause probably i'm going to lose the match anyway and going for winners i'll spend 4 more hours on court pushing like an idiot and messing up my joints..... :facepalm: Anyway, at least it looks like now he's adapting his game better....

10. Mimi

Mimi Masters Champion

I meant if he met Novak or Murray who were still having the same form as last year, he might not win so he was still lucky coz he has such a healthy body :clap:

Nekro likes this.
  11. EquineAnn

Hello Mimi! He had a blister. Big wow! Us ladies get blisters often. We just bathe them, put plasters on & socks & different shoes & get on with it.

12. EquineAnn

There are still a lot of arguments between some Scots & English & some Welsh & English but most get on. Another biggie is the Yorks./Lancs. I was actually telling you about the history & how the people differ as well as the different dialects & ways of life.

Nekro likes this.
  13. EquineAnn

I don't see why female tennis players have to grunt every time they hit the ball. It annoys me. I just think just hit the ball. There is no need for grunting.

14. Nekro

Nekro Major Winner

yes haha, BB told me something about some guys taking umbrage even for someone going to work from another city to theirs....

It's called "kiai" in martial arts and it has positive effects..... actually if you watched the horse archery vid the guy was shouting too while shooting arrows, basically it helps him focus but it has other positive effects, also some tennis players do it instinctively cause they feel it gives them something positive, if you watched Novak Djokovic's childhood vids he used to scream too... ofc Nadal is still grunting....

Here's the martial arts explanation:

The shouting, called kiai, has multiple purported purposes. I would note that I'm posting these not out of a necessary belief in them, but out of explanation as they were taught to me:

1. The forced and trained rapid exhalation of breath. This can be used as both focus (by focusing on breath, one is less inclined to focus on the fear of failure when faced with the thought of breaking something apparently hard), and as a method of rapidly exhaling carbon-dioxide from the body to increase oxygenated blood flow to the extremities.
    2. The external (outer or omote) harmonizing of ki energy (気合 - kiai), as opposed to the internal (inner or ura) harmonization of ki energy (合気 - aiki). [NB: This is not something I believe, so this is best left to someone else to explain familiar with the concepts.]
    3. The expulsion of intent. Kiai acts as a declaration of your fighting spirit, your internal desire to prevail in those circumstances. This can be for intimidation, self-reassurance, rallying (the war cry was essentially a form of kiai), etc.
    Something that many people may never learn: the kiai need not be loud. In some arts, the kiai is taught as a voiceless projection, called kage no kiai.

In addition, some arts offer specific forms of kiai, for example (from the Bujinkan; I have no record from which school, I simply have it in my notebook as kihon, but the proper term is more likely kotodama)

• ei! - A growling shout, meant to accompany an attack; intended to force the opponent to lower his guard momentarily.

• toh! - A heavy shout, meant to accompany a counter; intended to make the opponent believe he has left an opening.

• ya! - A boisterous shout, meant to respond to a series of blows; intended to dishearten the opponent, making him believe that you believe you're already victorious (may tie in to folk beliefs that a battle is decided the moment two adversaries first see each other).
    It's said the kage no kiai taught in the Bujinkan is a harmony of these three shouts, voiceless or in a low hum, assuring the warrior of victory. This might be viewed as a form of self-assurance, helping to maintain a form of inner calm or mushin.

15. EquineAnn

Haha! I just gave you a brief description as some people say I'm too school-teacherish & I've been asked who I was trying to impress when I haven't so I dumbed down to suit everyone then quite a few people called me thick. I don't know. You can't win. I'm very sorry if I was a bit in your face with all the Bronte facts. It's worse than what Britbox said in our town as I live in a small town in the middle of 2 towns which have a rugby team. If there's a match on between a local team & a team which isn't local I pick the local team. If the 2 local teams are playing each other I'm not a rugby fan. It used to be worse. There used to be 3 local teams. There is only 1 football team nearby so we're lucky there.

Thank you very much for the information. It's very interesting. I guess we have 2 choices then watch & listen or watch with mute function so we see what's happening but don't hear all the grunting.

#1415 EquineAnn, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:43 PM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 5:14 PM
  16. Mimi

Mimi Masters Champion

hello Lord Nek and Ann:dance3:

thank you so much Lord Nek for the explanation of "grunting", your knowledge is admirable :clap:

now i have to go back to work, have something troublesome to do. We have been raining like crazy. Yesterday I got completely wet when I jogged :shitstorm::negative:

17. Nekro

Nekro Major Winner

Haha, it's cool you're telling all those details, ofc not everyone shares your passion for literature so imo that's why they're whining:D :p

Hahaha footie fans are funny, i have some cool footie fan stories.... There was a guy who hates the Újpest footie team and when we were in a pub he was singing "oleoleoleoleooooo cocksuckeeeeer ÚjpeEEEest" ofc in Hun, and the pub owner started lecturing him: son, you don't even know those people why are you singing that bullshit blablablabla then another footie fan came and they started to sing "where's the 9th district, we hate them......" :lulz1: pub owner gave him another lecture, and my buddy said: well, he's right, still, cocksucker Újpest :lulz1::laugh::lol3:

damn, hugs Mimi, here atm very very hot and it will be like that for ard 3-4 days, 37 degrees :p

18. EquineAnn

Hello Mimi! Good luck! I hope your weather picks up. It's been red hot & sunny here.

19. EquineAnn

I'm glad you found my information interesting. Thank you very much. Maybe or maybe there were other reasons.

Haha! We come from a sporty area as there's a race-course & dog-track nearby too so animals can keep fit too.

20. Mimi

Mimi Masters Champion

hello Lord Nek and Ann :drums:

37 degree celcius seems very hot.......... I wish it is the "dry hot" and not hot with humidity too. :help:.

will Roger win us open too? :facepalm::help: